Friday, June 28, 2019

cheery about cherry...

A friend of mine alerted me to a sale on kiln dried cherry at my favorite sawmill. The lumber is premium with much of it running from 8 to 11 inches wide and the low price per board foot made it enticing for me to buy much more than I'll need for my small cabinets class at ESSA during the week of August 5-9. 

The lumber is already planed to 13/16ths inch thick and while I prefer thicker stock for resawing material for box making, this material will be ideal for the small cabinets I have in mind.

You can sign up  for that class here: https://essa-art.org/workshops/wood/build-a-small-cabinet/

Of more immediate interest is my upcoming small decorative boxes class July 8 through 12. There are still vacancies in each class.
https://essa-art.org/workshops/wood/small-decorative-boxes/

A student this summer who has taken 35 classes at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking told me that my small box making class was the most fun of all the classes he'd taken at the school. Join us for lots of fun.

Make, fix and create. Encourage others to learn likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment