Friday, December 07, 2012

today in the wood shop...

While my helper is sanding and applying finish to lids of boxes, I plan to begin making a box for crematory remains of a friend who died much too young. I will show a few step by step photos later in the day. I also will visit with a writer who is working on two articles about the Wisdom of the Hands program and my work for two publications. As you can probably guess, I have no trouble talking about my favorite subject, the hands, and how they enable learning and release pent-up enthusiasm. Watch when you see someone get excited talking about something they really want to do. You will see the hands flailing in expression of their unbridled enthusiasm.

On another subject, I received a book in the mail published by Woodcraft Magazine. It includes 14 Wooden Boxes You Can Make and two bonus chapters, one of which I had written for the magazine last year on Mixing and Matching Woods. If you had missed that article, you can find it and some excellent box making projects in this book.

Yesterday a very successful Silver Tea was held at the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs to benefit the Eureka Springs School of the Arts.  I had the honor of pouring coffee and tea for guests, as you can see in the photo above.

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment