Saturday, May 04, 2024

rocker mortises and box latches

 In my woodshop I drilled the last of the many mortises for toddler sized rocking chairs that I'll display (and perhaps sell) at this year's White Street Art Fair. For these mortises, I used a drill press to drill holes and then used a chisel to finish them. 

I've also added small latches to the sewing machine box I've nearly finished for my granddaughter Sylvie. My daughter Lucy sews at her machine with Sylvie in her lap. In about 5 or 6 years they'll be able to sew side by side with this machine that's older than I am.

The small latches are available from Amazon. They operate with ease and appear to be robust enough to last. These are the second latches I applied as the first were not of sufficient strength.

 Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.






No comments:

Post a Comment