Saturday, May 15, 2021

Rackensack Kilns

I attended "Slabberday" at Rackensack Kilns between Gateway and Rogers this morning and was pleased find friends attending from the Stateline Woodturner's Club who were there to demonstrate wood turning. It is a wonderful operation turning wood into lovely slabs of wood that are for sale to woodworkers.  It's  become a destination for area woodworkers and offers a variety of species of lumber, all in large form.

They mill it, dry it and plane it flat for your use. 

A couple days ago I got some new jigs in the mail, sent by a reader who took my flipping story stick technique from my books and articles and made a jig that duplicates the process. Instead of making  story stick for each box, you adjust the jig to the length and use it to set up stop blocks on the router table.

I promised to demonstrate the jig to students in my classes and to test it and provide feedback.

I'll have more to show on that at a later date. The photo shows only a small glimpse of the inventory of slabs available at Rackensack Kilns.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment