Wednesday, September 26, 2018

a gentle reminder

I got an email yesterday from a woman who had purchased an old display cabinet and found my name on it along with the date, 1977. She found my website and wondered if the cabinet, being so old and early in my career would have any special value. It is a gentle reminder that we do not start out doing our best work.

One pane of glass and the shelves are missing from this piece.

At the time, I was working for Arkansas Primitives, a small company that made furniture and accessories out of recycled barn wood. I was allowed to make a few pieces of my own design that were sold through various outlets.  This piece shown in the photo was one of those. It was made of grey weathered barn wood and painted sometime later its  long life. It is currently in Texas, and still of use.

At school yesterday I built soccer goals from PVC pipe and today my students will learn to make the nets.

Make, fix, create, and assist others in learning likewise.


No comments:

Post a Comment