Friday, July 08, 2016

tiny people and keyed miter jig.

 I have begun turning tiny octagonal samples of wood into tiny persons to fill small wooden chapel styled boxes with collections of Ozark hardwoods. The project is intended to illustrate the wood worker's potential role as an interpreter of the natural forest. I am working on 4 of these boxes so have well over 100 pieces to turn. But if I turn for an hour a day, I'll be done in no time.

I also left my keyed miter jig at MASW for use in next year's class, and quickly made a new one that I used to build a keyed mitered box for a box guitar. The jig is easy to make and easy to use.

As you can see, it rides along the table saw fence, while carrying the box at a 45 degree angle. The results are shown below.

Make, fix, create, and offer to others the likelihood of learning likewise.

Click to enlarge for closer view

Click to enlarge for closer view

No comments:

Post a Comment