Saturday, July 30, 2016

open house at Clear Spring School.

We have an open house today at the Clear Spring School, from 11 AM to 3 PM. Visitors are welcome. I know that most of my readers are from far away. But come see the school and the CSS woodshop if you can. I'll be there to to tell about the Wisdom of the Hands program and to introduce the philosophy of hands-on learning.

Today we have a very large boar in the feral hog trap. It has tusks about 1 1/2 in. long, and you would not want to encounter it on a stroll through the woods. As I've mentioned, feral hogs have become a danger to the forests of Arkansas and must be reduced in number or eliminated.  We are beginning to make some small progress in that nearly a dozen have been removed so far within shouting distance from my home in the forest.

I have settled on dates for my classes this next summer at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking. I will teach my usual 5 day class on box making followed a one day class on making Froebel's Gifts. My classes at Marc Adams School fill quickly so sign up for their newsletter or watch their website in November for the earliest possible date for your registration.

At this point it seems I've made enough guitars for awhile. I'll be adding frets to one more in addition to the one I fretted yesterday as shown in the photo above. The others will need to be finished or painted, and have bridges, nuts, tuners and strings added.

Most of my readers these days appear to be in either Russia or Germany, and the favorite post being shared between readers in Germany concerns the peak of mount stupid, a blog post I wrote December 29, 2015. Read it. It might help to explain a few things.

Make, fix, create, and extend to others the joy of learning likewise.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Doug
    It is strange, because I suddenly too have an incredible amount of readers from Russia. It is like the "stats" have changed between Russia and the USA, because I have continuously had the most viewers from USA.
    Brgds
    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get traffic from China that no longer shows up. The traffic from Russia may be the result of some denial of service attack on blogger by Russian hackers.

    ReplyDelete