Monday, June 20, 2016

simply beautiful boxes

Today I start a five day box making class that is named after my second book, Simply Beautiful Boxes. We start with a discussion of design, will be making jigs by noon and students will begin a full five days of box making fun. I have 17 students registered for the class. Yesterday we concluded a weekend class in making tiny boxes and it turned out well. All the students went home with 4 kinds of box to finish in their own wood shops. As I explained, my objective was to get them thinking and send them home with evidence of learning.

My class starting today will have similar objectives. I have been too busy to take any photos and will try to do better during the week.

Make, fix, create, and extend to others the love of learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment