Saturday, December 01, 2007

I received the copy I ordered of Blokes and Sheds, Behind the corrugated iron curtains of Australia's sheds by Mark Thomson. The photo above is of Brian in his shed. The caption reads:
Here is a person who gains immense satisfaction from his shed, "turning it over," he says, "like personal compost." Brian is a shining example of the benefits of personal accumulation.
Mark's book makes me want to do an American version. Anyone who wants to be featured in my new book, "Geezers in Garages, Basements, too!-- where old guys in America hang out and make stuff," can apply by sending me a photo of you in your basement or garage workshop. I'll share it with my readers. It is best that you use the self-timer with the camera on a tripod or table, or get a friend to take your picture so you are included in the shot. If using a tripod and your camera has manual controls use a very slow shutter speed so that the many objects in view will be in focus. We want to see what you've got! Send me images of 3 megs or less, please.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:34 PM

    If I was to get to the level of accumulation of the guy in the picture you posted, I might hear from a "family practice" attorney. But, as far as a photo of a geezer in a shop, you're on. This is a great idea that reminds of the "good old days" on rec.ww when people would do just that as they talked about who had the messiest shop.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mario, I look forward to seeing your shop. Now, I will need to take a picture of me in mine. Right now, it is a mess, so the timing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete