Saturday, August 12, 2023

my Arrowmont box

This is a box that I made while teaching at Arrowmont in 2002. I wanted to suggest to my students the incorporation of found objects, so we took a brief walk across campus to see what we could find. The piece of weathered wood on top is one that I found and decided to incorporate unaltered in my own box. 

The body of the box and the lid, are made with sycamore displaying its typical lacewood pattern found when it is quarter sawn. I used the hidden spline joint in the corners, and brass pins to elevate the piece of found wood on top.

This box is  out in the world someplace unknown, as are most of the boxes I've made.

Make, fix and create... Assist others in learning likewise.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your artistic journey is like a time-travel adventure mixed with nature's own masterpiece. Love the randomness and authenticity in your work!

    ReplyDelete