Thursday, January 30, 2020

super heroes

Yesterday in wood shop my Kindergarten students began making super heroes. I asked them to consider the super heroes in their own lives... Like Mom, like dad, like a teacher or their librarian.

The Kindergarten students are the real joy of my woodworking week. They embrace everything in the wood shop without reservation.

The new woodworking studio remains in a slight degree of chaos as we find places to move additional tools and projects from the old shop. I asked my 5th and 6th grade students to help in the process of organizing, by playing a game. Find something, look for other things that look just like it, learn what it is, and put things together.

Yesterday I received a pdf of my new book on woodworking with kids. I'll review this first draft with an open mind and the editors and I will talk on Friday.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning lifewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment