Thursday, September 28, 2023

old work

 

I have been at my work for some time now, and some of it has travelled far from home. A woman contacted me, asking "Is this your work?" and included two photos of a mirror and frame I'd made and sold in 1984. The frame is cherry and inlaid with a variety of Arkansas hardwoods. I etched the mirror using a sandblasting technique to give it a bit of extra value.

It is nice to see that it was  well cared for a number of years before being turned in for resale at a Goodwill Store in Ohio.

I commented that it seemed well cared for, and the buyer assured me that she would care for it as well. Who knows how long it will last?

Today I went over a pre-release article on making giant Froebel blocks I wrote and photographed for Make Magazine. It will come out in the next issue.

Make, fix and create...


No comments:

Post a Comment