Friday, December 23, 2022

boxes and more boxes

Yesterday I signed a contract with Taunton Press for my next book, my15th. I also spent a bit of time in the shop working on boxes.

I've begun reading parts of the Jan. 6th committee report on the insurrection. Every page is a barn burner, and I'm left wondering whether or how Republican members of congress will be held accountable for their efforts to subvert the  accurately measured will of the American people. 

The gears of justice grind slowly for the rich, the powerful and famous. Not so slow for the rest.

It is bitter cold this holiday season. I hope all my readers are safe and warm. We have two making days left before Christmas, or three to finish hand crafted gifts before the last day of Hanukah 2022.

The boxes shown are tiny maple pocket boxes and walnut bracelet boxes with cherry and maple inlay.The maple boxes have brass pin hinges and the walnut boxes use hinges made by Brusso.

Make, fix and create... Things that serve as lasting evidence of your growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment