Friday, September 30, 2022

stuck in Indiana

I'm in Indiana for a class in box making and came down with a case of covid-19 mid-week. Fortunately, by Wednesday, we'd proceeded far enough in the class that my students have been able to carry on without me.  

My assistants took on responsibility for oversight and remaining lessons. I am grateful for such help, but worried that if I've gotten covid-19, others from my class may also. Fortunately, and thanks to my vaccination status, my case is rather mild, requiring isolation and a few over-the-counter medications as well as isolation. I'll return home on Monday.

I stopped by school yesterday after class to pack up my things. A few students were still at work and insisted that even without me, the class has been one of their favorites at Marc Adams School of Woodworking. The reason, I think, is that once the techniques and tools are put in place, student creativity is unleashed. With each student making different boxes of their own design, they stimulate and inspire each other. Add to that shop supervisor Doug Dale and his expertise, and my assistant Jerry Forshee with whom I've worked for years, student success was guaranteed, even without me.

Photos attached. Make, fix and create.




1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better fast! Sorry we didn't get to meet while you were here :(

    ReplyDelete