Saturday, May 21, 2022

September, 2006

At my wife's suggestion in 2006, I launched the Wisdom of the Hands blog with this blog post:  Welcome to my Wisdom of the Hands Blog

https://wisdomofhands.blogspot.com/2006/09/welcome-to-my-wisdom-of-hands-blog.html

Since then there have been over 2.5 million page views recorded reflecting an unknowable number of first time and returning visitors. My wife thought that by doing the log I would not need to write the Wisdom of Our Hands book, and that the one would take the place of the other. But the blog became my way of sifting and recording and practicing getting better at sharing the ideas inherent in the philosophy. The blog also helped me to be connected with like minds all over the world.

If you are not familiar with the blog, the link above will carry you to the very first post, and you can travel for years onward from there. You'll also find lots of creative work that I hope will inspire, not just to do similar work but also to reconsider the role the hands play in our lives, they being crucial to the development of both character and intellect.

In the blog, you'll find numerous references to the concepts in the Wisdom of Our Hands book and you can read for free and to greater depth. As some know, this is my retirement year from teaching kids at the Clear Spring School so there's a bit of sadness for me watching one era end while another slides in to take its place. There's also a deep and lasting connection with lots of kids (and adults) that will linger.

The great thing is that the wisdom of our hands is as much yours as mine. Carry forth in the making of beautiful and useful things.

Make, fix and create.

No comments:

Post a Comment