Wednesday, September 29, 2021

counting

Yesterday I met briefly with the head of Mounds Park Academy, an ISACS member school from Minneapolis/St. Paul. Bill Hudson was here as team leader for our every seven year re-accreditation process. 

My students practiced making straight and square cuts using two different kinds of saws as Bill observed. We had a great conversation about pedagogy following the class and I look forward to his return later in the year. 

Today we'll check the game camera we're using to monitor bats and will run a count on the guano collection box to see if student estimates of numbers of nightly poops come close to the actual number.

We may have to reposition the game camera to get a better view. If lucky we'll get movies of the bats coming and going at night.

My old roommate from college sent me this photo of my younger studious self attempting to make sense of a sociology text book.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise


No comments:

Post a Comment