Monday, April 26, 2021

for my own amusement

I have been compiling a list of educators and educational theorists who have had impact on my understanding of the teacher's responsibilities.... particularly with regard to progressive education. Elliot Eisner came to mind, and I had to dig back into old blog posts to remember why. 

https://wisdomofhands.blogspot.com/2009/10/educational-social-science-and.html

Eisner against the rising tide of standardized education, asserted that teaching much more an art than a science. As an art it brings the recognition that we're not at our best the first day out, and that we have no limits, except those we accept or that are demanded by others, for how good we might get.

Today, as my students are studying ancient Egypt, we'll be making pyramid boxes, a project repeated from 2013. The photo shows a student crafted pyramid box, complete with a mummy inside.

Make, fix and create. Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment