Saturday, December 22, 2018

shrink pots

This video is from Fine Woodworking showing how to make a shrink pot box. https://www.finewoodworking.com/2018/11/28/video-greenwood-shrink-pots-quiet-version Due to drying time you would not likely have one finished for this Christmas, but there are other boxes you can make in little time. Some of those boxes will be featured in my book about Woodworking with kids.

A few days before winter break, one of my students brought in a small box full of something he wanted to show me. It was the box interested me most. It was a leather hinged box he had made in wood shop and then left in the woods outside his home. It had the appearance of an ancient artifact. And it's nice to witness how the things my students make have an expanded role in their lives. When we make something, we do much more than make an object. We engage in making ourselves as craftsmen.

Today I'll be cleaning my wood shop.

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment