Tuesday, July 10, 2012

back in Arkansas...

marking wood for 4 corner match
I am back in Arkansas after my trip to the Northeast.

Today I drove to Little Rock and picked up my small cabinets exhibit from the Historic Arkansas Museum and will now be getting ready for my Small Cabinet Making Class at the Eureka Springs School of the Arts.

playing with feet.
Above, left and below are photos from my box making class at Eliot School in Jamaica Plain. More can be seen on the Eliot School Facebook  page. It was a good weekend class and it is amazing how much material we can cover in two days. It was a pleasure being at Eliot School. The workbenches we used were new to the school in the early 1900s. And on a shoestring the school makes an important arts and woodworking outreach into Boston Public Schools.

My students had asked if the class would live up to its name, Creative Box Making. Thanks to them it did. Each student offered something personally expressive to the process.

The photo at the bottom of the page is of 7 Harcourt St. Boston, built in 1908 for Gustaf Larsson's Sloyd teacher training school. Visiting that building has been on my to do list for some  time. Next time in Boston I hope to get a tour of the inside of the building.

Make, fix and create...

A unique pull.

Gustaf Larsson's Sloyd teacher training school, Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment