Tuesday, May 09, 2023

At MASW, ready for day 2

I'm at Marc Adams School of Woodworking and am a bit frustrated when mistakes I've made put other people's work at risk. That makes this a good time for me to remind myself that our greatest learning takes place, not when things are going perfectly well, but when obstacles are faced and overcome.

One of my students mentioned his need to make a wooden box for the ashes of a friend. This link is to a blog post I placed on the Fine Woodworking website in 2012 that describes the making of just such a box.

https://www.finewoodworking.com/2012/05/09/making-a-crematory-urn-box-part-i

The photo is from yesterday's class.

Make, fix and create...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:43 AM

    Nice to see some finger joinery being done! Hopefully end product pics will be shown, I am interested in how those boxes turn out. Seems my efforts are not always a success. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete