Monday, October 31, 2022

How we fill our homes and with what.

The New York Times has an interesting article about the pandemic buying of cheap furniture to fill homes and the quick return of all that cheap stuff to fill our landfills. 'Fast Furniture is Cheap and Americans are Throwing it out in the Trash.' 

We have choices. We can make what we need while harvesting the benefits of our own growth. We can simply live without so much stuff and lean toward simplicity in our lives. And we can do both.

Today for me is a day of rest and reorganization, as I put away the various tools and materials used in my weekend class, and savor having watched my student's growth.

The photo shows a few of my veneered boxes made a few years back. Where they are now, I have no way of knowing.

Make, fix and create.  Assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment