Wednesday, October 31, 2018

pick up...

This small pickup truck was made by a student in Monday's class. The student designed it himself using the parts I had on hand and scraps from the scrap bucket I save for such things. I helped by making a few small cuts.

Today in the school wood shop students will be working on a variety of projects at different grade levels. My job is to keep them supplied with the essentials and then to assist and watch over to assure their hands are safe.

Clean up is the most difficult time, as it requires students to quit what they are deeply engrossed in, and bring things to the point at which they can be either taken home or put away.

I hope that some of these lovely things are put away by parents at the end of the day to serve as remembrances. They are expressions of growth and could be treasured as such.

Make, fix and create....

No comments:

Post a Comment