Monday, July 02, 2018

guitars...

I finished my box guitar class yesterday so will spend the next week getting ready for my other summer classes and may also return attention to my book about woodworking with kids.

I am hesitant to picture students without parental permission so have attached a photo of Annunziata with her wonderfully shaped rock guitar, made during the parent/child box guitar class.

I developed a new method of attaching the neck to the body of the box for this class. It is a hybrid technique in which the  construction benefits of a kit guitar and the creative opportunities inherent in oddly shaped boxes are combined.

The kids were extremely excited to paint their guitars and then to put strings on.

It is easy and fun to make your own boxes for box guitars, without being dependent on the tobacco industry for your musical enjoyment. The added benefit of using shapes from your own imagination should make my box guitar book popular if folks discover it, which you can on Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/Box-Makers-Guitar-Book-Sweet-Sounding/dp/1940611644 and other book seller websites.

Make, fix, create and increase the likelihood that others learn likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment