Wednesday, November 09, 2016

a night of anguish

I could barely sleep last night after watching the American people elect a liar, bully and misogynist president over a well informed and capable woman. Much of the world is reeling in dismay, with the exception of Vladimir Putin, who called immediately to congratulate.

I have prayed in the past that I might be wrong about American Presidents. For instance, when George W. Bush invaded Iraq and I knew it was an utterly dumb idea, I prayed that I might be mistaken. Quite sadly, I was not.

Fortunately, I have work to do, and can do good things, despite the apparent darkness that has descended upon our land. I can pray for some kind of miracle, as I know many people throughout the world are praying right now.

In the Clear Spring School wood shop today, we will be making toy cars and trucks, and Jenga games that will become a useful way to encourage our students to learn their math facts.

The bright spot in all this election stuff, is that the world is much kinder when shaped in and through our own hands and through the encouragement we offer directly to each other. We are each empowered to make the world a better place when we take matters into our own hands.

Make, fix, create, and encourage others to learn likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment