Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day four of box making

We've finished our 4th day of box making at Marc Adams School. The students are each working on more than one box and some have more than a dozen in the works. I've not had a class more prolific than this one.

I too, have been making boxes, and some of mine are turning out nice. I stopped for carry-out Chinese dinner, and my fortune read, "Express yourself, do something creative." No worries about that. My class and I have been creating boxes all day, from 7:30 AM. Both yesterday and today I made new sleds of new designs to cut mitered finger joints and for cutting stock at interesting angles. So the creativity is not just in box making but also in making new jigs and fixtures for box making.

Make, fix and  create...



No comments:

Post a Comment