Wednesday, April 24, 2013

little boxes...

You would expect me to be talking about little boxes. Four of my books have been written about box making. I am currently working on my spring production of boxes. I am working on my 5th book about box making. But today, my high school students are to begin learning to play Pete Seeger's song, Little Boxes, on their box guitars. I am grateful to our music teacher taking over at this point. Just to get the guitars tuned alike will be a challenge for them. Fortunately, we do have some students that already play guitar, and they'll be called upon to help the others tune up.






The students were shown this video by Walk off the Earth, and they loved it and want to perform it. My hope is that they'll get it together and be able to play sometime in May.

Today my first, second and third grade students will be finishing their covered wagons and horses. My 7th, 8th and 9th grade students did wood turning and some paper sloyd, just for fun. Tomorrow, in support of Wood Week activities at the Clear Spring Pre-School and kindergarten, I'l take saws, hammers and planes on site, and give a few quick lessons in working with wood.

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment