Thursday, April 02, 2009

contemporary rustic, upside down but you'll get the idea

It's upside down and you can't see the rocks inlaid on top, but the contemporary rustic walnut table is ready for delivery to Little Rock tomorrow. The two base sections are made of white oak and colored with black leather dye, then attached to the two sections of the top using lag bolts. was I started this table during my furniture design class at the University of Arkansas, Little Rock in 2007 and have finally finished it. Tomorrow I will take photos in the gallery setting.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:18 AM

    Hey! Back by the window, is that a piece of that bay laurel someone brought to Arrowmont back in 2004? I still have some of that and it hasn't told me what it wants to be yet.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mario, you can see that I haven't figured out what to do with mine either. But now I'm thinking of making them into table tops. One is about 2 inches thick. The other is a 5 sided chunk that I surfaced on that 12 inch jointer at Arrowmont. Both are interesting curiosities. They are like the tree in zen story. It had convinced carpenters it was useless, that its boards would warp... so it could keep its ripe old age. The pieces of by laurel are useless and beautiful, so will linger until I find the perfect use.

    ReplyDelete